I’ve talked about emotional intelligence (EI) as it relates to your career on the Open Door Blog before. Why is it so important? Because our emotional intelligence – the way we manage emotions, both our own and those of others – can play a critical role in determining our happiness and success.
Daniel Goleman, author of Focus: The Hidden Driver of Excellence, told the Huffington Post that there are five components of emotional intelligence: self-awareness, self-regulation, motivation, social skills and empathy.
Not sure how emotionally intelligent you are? Here are 14 signs you have high emotional intelligence:
- You’re curious about people you don’t know.
- You’re a great leader.
- You know your strengths and weaknesses.
- You know how to pay attention.
- When you’re upset, you know exactly why.
- You can get along with most people.
- You care deeply about being a good, moral person.
- You take time to slow down and help others.
- You’re good at reading people’s facial expressions.
- After you fall, you get right back up.
- You’re a good judge of character.
- You trust your gut.
- You’ve always been self-motivated.
- You know when to say “no.”
Would you like to improve your emotional intelligence? Contact me for a free consultation.