If you’re over 50 and looking for a new role, it’s time to step your game up. Use these strategies from Careerealism to help employers see past your age.
- Restrict work history to the last 15 years – Recruiters know that experience and skills can expire, which is why the majority of them prefer to see your more recent work experience on your resume and LinkedIn profile.
- Eliminate education dates – Dates included on resumes for education could cause your candidacy to be overlooked.
- Focus on your bottom-line impacts – Post-50 job seekers possess two valuable things: experience and achievements.
- Freshen up your LinkedIn profile photo – Be honest with yourself about whether your photo or wardrobe ages you, and if it does, take appropriate action.
- Be prepared to work with people younger than you – The older you are, the more likely it is that you will be interviewed or supervised by someone younger than you.