Based on the book, “The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People,” YouTern came up with seven traits closely associated with job seekers who routinely enjoy career success.
Highly successful job seekers:
- Are proactive – They know how fickle the job market is so they adopt a proactive mentality and are always prepared for the next opportunity. They make sure their career marketing documents – resumes, portfolios, LinkedIn profiles – are up-to-date.
- Exude confidence – They know their value and the contributions they have made and are able to articulate that with confidence.
- Invest in their careers – They assess their personal strengths and recognize their areas for growth.
- Have a circle of influence – They have built their own circle of influence because they know they cannot accomplish much on their own and they need the support of others to succeed. It includes individuals whose career trajectory they would like to emulate.
- Are active on social media – They know that social media is an equal opportunity platform that offers opportunities to have a presence, drive engagement and build credibility.
- Demonstrate cross-cultural competency – They make a deliberate effort to operate in different cultural settings because they know the value of having diverse groups of people working together.
- Know how to collaborate in virtual teams – They have well-developed skills to work productively and cooperatively in virtual teams.
After reading tho traits above, ask yourself how many of these habits you consistently demonstrate.