What does it take to make a smooth career transition?
1. Know your talents, skills and abilities. Be able to state 5 top skills you excel at and give examples of yourself in the workplace excelling in these areas.
2. Know how to articulate your strengths.
3. Know yourself. Write down the answer to the question, “tell me about yourself.” Have one or two different versions of your answer ready to go at any given time.
4. Be dilligent when looking for a new job. Send our 3-5 resumes a day to places that you actually want to work and that you actually qualify for in your career search.
5. Prepare for interviews. Sounds so simple, however not always done.
6. Attitude Matters. Can’t state this enough. Be positive, positive, positive.